Monday, June 13, 2011

Red Roots Chickens

 
Part 1                                           Part 2                                              Part 3
  
      Hey, This is my first, I guess official Blog. This is Nicole btw, Natalie usually does the blogging but now it is my turn to write....
       I have been wanting chickens a long time, ever since my cousins have gotten them, it has made me jealous of their chickens. I will go over to their house and run and chase after the chickens, if you can picture it. (It looks just as stupid as the image in your mind of me chasing chickens) But even though I look like an idiot it makes me happy for some reason, I think it is because it is something that is easy and it looks hard. It is kind of impressing to catch a chicken to some people who don't how to catch it. If you know the secret then it is really not hard at all. I know I am supposed to tell you the secret next but I am not b/c I still want people to think I am cool when I run around like a huge dork screaming and chasing chickens till I catch em. We bought ours and we bought them when they were around a couple weeks old so they are not ready for all the fun I had in store for them yet but in a few months they will be. I can't wait till they get all big and pretty and I can run outside like a little kid getting eggs and hearing them make their chicken noises. I really want pigs for the same reason b/c I love to hear little pig snorts. (Maybe that is something you only tell your close friends and family)
      Oh well anyways moving on to the chicken coop building. Natalie, mom, dad, and I all helped build the chicken coop which used to be our playhouse then our garden house. Note: Nika did not help until the last 30 minutes... That playhouse/garden/chicken coop has been through a lot and has hosted a lot of memories. I remember having friends over in middle-"cool" (I say that b/c when I was that age everyone is so cool in their own mind lol) and like 20 little loud prissy girls all squashed in a tiny space that is now a chicken coop. (I bet no one would have spent the night in there if they would have known it was going to be a chicken coop 10 years later) Then once we got interested in garden it was pretty much our garden shed and we would pile cow manure, shovels, seeds, and everything else you need in it. It turned out to be pretty junky ha but still we knew where everything was, including the huge Tarantula spiders that looked so big and nasty that we wouldn't even try to spray down b/c we wouldn't want to make the tarantula mad at us. If they weren't completely killed, they could follow us back in our garden and take one of our legs out b/c we tried to kill them.
      I say all that to say, we just got our chicken coop up and ready to go ,and I am looking forward to more great memories in it catching chickens and gathering eggs. We are going to raise them ,and I am not going to say that we are going to raise them to eat b/c you are not supposed to tell people ALL your chicken plans, just the fun plans. All I can say is watch the videos and you can see some fun we had together as we first met our chickens and they met us. (If the videos are too small, just click the youtube button)

-Nicole

1 comment:

trips3d said...

hey nika and natalie, film nicole chasing chickens ha ha ha. that would be so funny kbd